Friday, March 7, 2008

Mourning......my shoes!

I could not believe it! There i was standing rooted to the spot in shock, staring at the piece of metal that had robbed me of my shoes. I know they were not Manolo Blahniks but i loved them! They were a strong, dependable, sexy yet classy pair of black heels. They have been with me through the good and bad times, they've been with me practically everywhere and now, they're gone......
I haven't gone mad and yes, i am mourning a pair of shoes. Two days ago, i put them on. They brightened up my rather gray morning and the day didn't seem so bad after all. Here's what happened.
Halfway through a meeting, i received an important phone call and the person on the other end requested to speak to someone who had just walked out of the room. In my haste to catch up with her, the heel of my left shoe got caught in a piece if protruding metal by the doorway. I surged forward and narrowly missed plastering my face on the ground below. Then i felt a sharp pain in my left leg and that's when i noticed that i had slightly twisted my ankle and that my shoe was broken!!!! Have you ever seen a broken shoe??? The tragedy at the moment was my broken shoe not my nearly broken leg or disfigured face! I still insist, i am not crazy, i am simply human, just like you.......
Have you ever noticed how attached we get to "things?" Everyone has that something, there are those ladies like me who just love their shoes. Guys love their cars. I find however that guys take this attachment way too seriously...they name their cars, etc and i have heard that some men will pick a car over a woman any day, i have heard! (but is it just hearsay?)
Reminds me of that song by Shania Twain "That don't impress me much" where the guy used to kiss his car goodnight and would ask her to take off her shoes before he let her get into the car.......

No comments: