Monday, October 27, 2008

Another long day at work.

Its past 8:30pm and I am still in the office. This is not unusual for me, however, when i left my last job, I promised myself that I wouldn't work so hard. Yet, I'm barely hanging on....here I am once again, I'm torn into pieces......Sorry, I digress, that is actually the first line of the chorus to "Behind these Hazel eyes" by Kelly Clarkson. I listen to Rock a lot as I work, well, all the time.

I was saying that yet here I am once again working late. My fingers hurt, my head hurts, my knees, my eyes.....in short, there is no part of my anatomy that isn't feeling it. My eyes, knees and back are seriously threatening to let go but still i press on. If you see any typos, i beg to be forgiven.

Anyway, i am wondering why i am literally killing myself on a daily basis. Is it in an effort to climb up the career ladder? Is it to make more money, that should come with climbing the social ladder, right? Then hopefully move on into the state of comfortable living. And by this I don't mean living in opulence, i mean the state of not staring in horror whenever i see my landlords caller ID flash across the screen of my phone. In fact, i look forward to the day, i don't have a landlord anymore, mine thinks he is a calender. From the 25th of each month through to the last day of the month, he keeps calling everyday and the conversation goes something like this;

"Hi, how are you? today's the 27th.....I just thought you should know. Anyway, i hope i will be hearing from you soon" All this while i am thinking, gun please, i need to shoot someone through the phone. Of course, I know what date it is. There are calenders everywhere i turn, newspapers, etc basically, i know what date it is because i have to think of handing over a very huge chunk of my pay check to you. You don't have to remind me of the fact that i will soon be penniless and you penniful!!!!

Enough of the raving, my girlfriends and i are a very ambitious bunch and i am quite sure that the discussions we have would be shocking for most people if they heard them. Well, for the most part, its legal stuff but then you have days when we are all so broke that we plot bank robberies and schemes of the Temangalo magnitude and sometimes, growing heroin, cocaine or whatever ( hee hee, J, i haven't forgotten). We do this whenever we are really broke, which is a lot and then we revert to the legal money making schemes but that never quite seems to work because they all need capital, ie; money.

Lately, i look around myself and wonder whether there is really a legal way of making a lot of money in this town. Anyway, i don't want to make a lot, just enough...but then again, that's relative.....
Anyway, i have come to the conclusion that if i get the opportunity to do a Temangalo, i will carefully explore the opportunity, of course with the intention of taking it. The trick is not to get caught....
Like one supposedly bright radio DJ once said, but what's wrong with taking a gift that you've been offered?? Its a crime if you ask for it, but if you are given that its ok, right? Food for thought!!!!

2 comments:

Petite Femme said...

Kale I know u!!!

Xena said...

hee hee..
what do you mean you know me?